Sunday 17 April 2011

house gnome - a.k.a. tomte


when i lived in sweden many many moons ago - my host family gave me a 'tomte' to take back to australia to protect my home.
(you can read up on the tomte - pronounced 'tom-te' with a short vowel 'e' sound at the end - here)
that particular loved tomte is packed away in the roof - and comes out at christmas.
last week i found this gorgeous guy at freedom of all places!!(in the outdoor furniture section - just under $20 if i remember correctly)
i couldn't resist re-homing the little fella to my place!!
so today i wanted to play around taking photos (with our very basic camera) & twig the pics a little using photoshop software - and decided to use him as my #1 model today !!!
he's going to stay around to protect our house i'm thinking.
here's some more of the 'big' boy in action !!!!





*sigh* - i miss my swedish family & friends muchly today.
sending them loads of love & cyber hugz through the airways.
mrs c. xox

1 comment:

  1. Would you ever consider painting him? I like him as he is but was just curious.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for dropping by - don't be shy to shout out hi!!
(i'm a poet and i didn't know it - ha.......sorry!!)
cheryl xox.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...