Wednesday 5 October 2011

guest post - holly from 'life as a thrifter'

so excited to have the lovely holly here today from life as a thrifter. we've done a blog post trade (my first!).
holly was once a teacher before becoming a mum - (well - once a teacher always a teacher - i say!!) - it's no wonder i like her!!!!
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Holly, and I blog over at Life as a Thrifter. I am most thrilled to be guest posting today on Nefotlak! My blog is all about repurposing a great find, so I thought I'd share a cheap and easy project from a past thrifting hunt. I hope this fall monogram project brings you a bit of inspiration!

I found this large embroidery hoop at a thrift store for $1.
Next, using a Word Doc. stencil (much like I did in THIS project), I traced our monogram on a piece of burlap . . .
. . . then painted it with black fabric paint.
And, finally, simply put the burlap in the hoop.
So easy, y'all!

Happy hunting, everyone!!
-Holly

1 comment:

  1. Great guest post that embroidery hoop is a great size it looks fab. im now a follower of life as a thifter thanks for the introduction xxx

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for dropping by - don't be shy to shout out hi!!
(i'm a poet and i didn't know it - ha.......sorry!!)
cheryl xox.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...