yep - I know - but life gets busy - and if the blog has to go into a holding pattern - so be it!
however - I am starting to get back into the swing of the new year - and hopefully this wee blog will get some more loving!!
huge thanks to anyone still following out there. I check in on many other blogs often - just haven't had the blogging mojo to actually write a post myself!!
a wrap up of the biggest news items around house-o-nefotlak - just to get you up to speed!......
1. the girls are now all back at school.....
triple j is now in year 4, eky heads into year 8 and goob is now a senior in year 11 (and over 6 feet tall!!).
eeek - how does time fly by so quickly?!?!
2. I'm back at uni - and this is my final year - yayayayayayay!!! it's going to be a big one - especially with all the other goings-on this year - but I am so so so so determined to finish this thing. (primary teaching). feeling good about reaching this point.
3. have bought a bike...
(it's a 'hybrid bike' - a cross between a road bike and a mountain bike - brand = trek - super large wheels - I really really love it!!)
we have also ordered new bikes for the girls - and we are embarking on a new exercising adventure.
so far it's been loads of fun.
4. I've lost 8 kilos since xmas!! super happy about this achievement!!!
it's a combination of diet, discipline and exercise. (not too much exercise just yet - but I'm getting there!!)
I have started on the dukan diet - recommended by a friend - and so far it's been working really well. (have probably dropped 1-2 dress sizes - feeling great!)
will keep you posted as I go.
5. my contract (work) has been extended until the end of april - but now I'm down to 3 days per week so that I can still attend uni lectures and tutorials and study. super happy about this - as the need for extra money has been something that we really struggled with last year. for now it's working well - I love the people and the work - and the money is great. we'll see what develops over the coming months.
6. sport is going to be yet another huge chunk of our lives this year. both eky and goob trialled for the u15's and u17's state volleyball teams on the weekend. both went really well - and now have 3-4 weeks of training (twice a week) until the final teams are picked. they will also have club and association rep netball commitments - so we're in for a busy sporting time. triple j will again play netball at club level this year as she increases her skills. I envisage loads of car trips around to games and training ahead of us!!
7. goob turn's 16 in march - and is very excited about getting her L's for driving. eeeeekkkk!!
|image from here|
pray for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. we have bought a new camera - finally!!
|photo from here.|
hope this day finds you well.
oh - and happy valentine's day to you as well.
see you again soon - well - that's the plan....
loads of hugz from here.